Workplace Diversity: Nine Steps To Increase Diversity Without Offending Your Staff
Huffington Post UK has spoken to a variety of companies in an attempt to provide a list of practical steps all businesses can take to ensure they’re doing their utmost to encourage diversity in senior positions.
Here are our top nine tips:
1. Review your board makeups and ensure the current mosaic of people ensures the best performance (reflect your staff and customers, etc.)
2. Introduce mentoring programs.
3. Remove “hours-intensive” culture, i.e. judging people’s performance based on how many hours they spend in the office.
4. Offer flexible work arrangement to ALL employees.
5. Encourage the use of minority networking groups.
6. Offer apprenticeships and boost your young employee base.
7. Offer board secondments.
8. Do not be afraid to be wrong, but acknowledge your mistakes and learn from them.
9. Diversity as an integral business function not only part of HR.
Source: Huffington Post UK.Tags: diversity, HR, workforce