Diversity is least important leadership principal – AchieveGlobal reveals
According to AchiveGlobal study, to succeed in diversity zone/category, the leaders:
- Strive to meet the needs of customers representing other cultures.
- Encourage collaboration among people from different groups.
- Display sensitivity in managing across cultural boundaries.
- Collaborate well with people very different from themselves.
- Effectively lead groups made up of very diverse people.
- Learn about the business practices of other cultures.
- Manage virtual teams with explicit customercentric goals and practices.
“Valuing human differences is a core skill for 21st-century leaders” the study states. However, this zone ranked lowest amount all study participants. “It was a rather disturbing finding, particularly the way the world is going and how integrated the global economy is,” said Craig Perrin, director of solution development at AchieveGlobal. Although diversity in the workplace was not recognized as a major business challenge by all respondents, it was ranked as a highest the most important issue to attend by respondents from global organizations.
inclusive, leaders, study, values, workforce