Diversity Clues is looking for Summer Research Intern
Diversity Clues Consulting Inc. is looking for a Research Intern. This is a part-time summer internship position suitable for an individual interested in developing and enhancing his/her research skills in the social science. It is estimated that Research Assistant will work one day a week for 3 months conducting the research. The flat fee renumeration will be offered and can be discussed based on the experience of candidates.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
– Minimum of 2 years of experience in conducting qualitative research
– Experienced in conducting online research and literature review
– Ability to analyze large volumes of information and summarize key findings
– Strong English communication and writing skills
– Experienced in working with MS Word and writing professional reports and summaries
– Knowledge of current immigrant/settlement programming and labour market trends in BC
– Accurate typing skills (minimum at 40 words/minute)
– Experienced working with MS Excel and developing and maintaining comprehensive databases
Preference will be given to those candidates who:
– Are currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in education/other social fields (or those who have finished their MAs),
– Are experienced in conducting “best practice” qualitative research, and
– Have demonstrated their ability to work independently and in remote office.
Benefits of doing this internship:
– Gain an in-depth understanding of current diversity, immigration and settlement issues in BC’s municipal, post-secondary and community services sectors
– Obtain valuable work references
– Practice and improve your research skills
– Accumulate evidence of and receive feedback on your abilities
– Improve your confidence
– Make important professional contacts
– Boost the “Work Experience” section in your resume
– Improve your ability to work independently and make fast decisions
– Possibly land a full-time / permanent job
If you are interested in this Internship position, please send:
1. Your resume (no more than two pages) along with a cover letter where you clearly demonstrate how your skills and qualifications match the requirements outlined in “Key Skills and Qualifications” section of this ad.
2. A sample of your work which demonstrates your writing and research skills
When sending an email, please, indicate the following:
– Subject line: Research Internship
– In the body of the email: your cover letter indicating how many years of experience your have in conducting qualitative research, your level of education and your knowledge of BC’s settlement infrastructure.
The competition will be closed on Monday My 27 2013. Please send your resume, cover letter and a sample of your research/writing to olga at diversity dot com.Tags: Immigration Policy, settlement, study