Central Vancouver Neighbourhood Small Grants – Community Celebration
DiversityCLUES Consulting was retained by the Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House to organize a Community Celebration for residents who received Neighbourhood Small Grants.
- Project: Central Vancouver Neighbourhood Small Grants – Community Celebration
- Client: Mount Pleasant and Little Mountain Neighbourhood Houses
- Project Timeline: 2014
- Area of Expertise: Project Management / Event Planning
- Olga Shcherbyna as a Project Manager
Neighbourhood Small Grants is a project of the Vancouver Foundation. In the Central Vancouver Area, the grants are administered through Mount Pleasant and Little Mountain Neighbourhood Houses. Each year, a Community Celebration event brings together grant recipients (NSG project leaders), funders, community leaders and staff from Neighourhood Houses.
In 2014, the event was held on November 20th at the Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House. The event was attended by approximately 80 people. Diversity Clues was responsible for the following deliverables:
- Communications with project leaders, funders, Project Coordinator and staff
- Arranging for food, suppliers, gifts to Resident Committee volunteers and childminding
- Setting up an online registration and developing the program (inviting presenters, etc.)
- Supervising volunteers during the event
- Developing event materials