- Low-interest loans for internationally trained professionals to obtain employment in your field
- Skills Connect for Immigrants is delivered throughout all regions of BC via five agencies specializing in helping immigrants to prepare for and obtain employment in every sector of BC’s economy. More
Bridging Programs / Canadian Experience
- International Pharmacists Bridging Program: The UBC Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences is offering the Canadian Pharmacy Practice Programme under the auspices of Continuing Pharmacy Professional Development at UBC. More
- The Environmental Bridging Program: In partnership with ECO Canada and the BC Environment Industry Association, MOSAIC will be offering for the first time in British Columbia, the Environmental Immigrant Bridging Program (EIB). This program will offer training on Canadian workplace culture and sector-specific language to internationally trained professionals who have work experience related to the environment sector. Please note that this is not a technical training program.
- Professional Qualification Program for Internationally Educated Teachers: The Faculty of Education at Simon Fraser University (SFU) offers Professional Qualification Program (PQP). The PQP is designed to orient foreign-trained teachers to the cultural, social, and political contexts of BC schools through a combination of seminar and in-school experiences. It is a 12-month, full-time program based at the Surrey campus. More
Preparation for Licensing Exams:
- International Medical Doctors: Since 2010 the AIMD BC in conjunction with UBC Faculty of Medicine, Postgraduate Education, Dean’s office has provided training to the IMG’s preparing the OSCE or the MCCQE2. AIMD BC presents 15 Education Sessions each year. 9 or 10 in the Spring in preparation to the IMG BC OSCE and the spring MCCQE2 and 5 or 6 Sessions in the Fall to prepare for the Fall MCCQE2. More